Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by daddymack
    View Post

we generally just call that chord an A minor 7

How could I be so frikken stuuuupid. Of course it's an Am7. I was trying to figure out the notes in the progression, by using this awful "on-line chord name finder", where you insert the notes on a diagram of a guitar-neck, and that "Cno5/E" was the name they gave to the chord. I was too brain-dead to even think of what I was looking at, Good catch Daddymack.

Actually, I'm only playing that Am7 for one note, and I'm only playing the 1,2,3rd strings (or, plucking the 1st and 3rd), then drop my ring-finger down on the 5th string 3rd-fret, to complete a C chord for one note, then blah,blah,blah.

Here's the chord-name finder I was using. The spacing between the frets is awful, so the perspective is a little skewed. I probably didn't remove the "x" from some of the strings that are played "open"

http://www.chorderator.com/cgi-bin/d...&tuning=EADGBE
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

B1N, just have a drink of di-hydrogen oxide (think about it a moment) and don't beat yourself up too much. . Mark C.
      "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man
        View Post

B1N, just have a drink of di-hydrogen oxide (think about it a moment) and don't beat yourself up too much. . Mark C.

Can I make that a double?
        Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Well actually, what was described and what was named are two differnt chords. Cno5/E would be just that. Unless you played C6no5/E in which case it's an Am/E. But what was described sounds more like an Am7, although if there's an E as the root, and no A present then it's really a C/E.

Comment

Well, I don't get how it could be a 'Cno5' if the G string is being played open?

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Well, I don't get how it could be a 'Cno5' if the G string is being played open?

Yep, that's where the clear as mud starts. I guess when machines take over from humans, funny things happen

Comment

Working...
              X