X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise The Glasses

I make a joke about doing a costume change, something like announcing no expense has been spared for the crowds entertainment then reach into my pocket and pull out a pair of Elvis shades or John Lennon specs followed by a song by the respective artist. Today I was in Lubbock and bought a pair of Buddy Holly's glasses, now I need to learn an appropriate song, so anyone do any that work well just solo acoustic that go well? Also any other ideas for the glasses theme, with a roaring holiday crowd it goes down really well, I was thinking Elton John?
    Cheers Steve
    Cheers Steve
    my website http://www.macthehat.com/

steve mac wrote:
     Today I was in Lubbock and bought a pair of Buddy Holly's glasses, now I need to learn an appropriate song, so anyone do any that work well just solo acoustic that go well?  

Sorry I've referenced my own video twice today...vanity at it's finest. I figure you don't even have to lear it now.  .png" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.justdarrell.com" target="_blank">Just Darrell Web Site</a></div>

Comment

• steve mac
      steve mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers D. Quality as always
      Steve

• davebols
      davebols commented
      Editing a comment

sounds good as always. where's the glasses though?

• Shaster
      Shaster commented
      Editing a comment

Nice guitar arrangement.  Kind of like James Taylor, or Tuck Andress lite. The vocals add a nice edge but still sit well with the guitar style.

Anyway, the only Buddy Holly tune I do is That'll Be The Day.  People can listen or dance to it, and folks like to sing along with the   "ooh, ooh" part near the end.  I sing it pretty bluesy but nobody seems to notice - as long as they can go  "ooh, ooh". These days, I might only play it once a year (or less) but if the crowd wants Buddy, it seems to fit the bill.

steve mac wrote:
    I make a joke about doing a costume change, something like announcing no expense has been spared for the crowds entertainment then reach into my pocket and pull out a pair of Elvis shades or John Lennon specs followed by a song by the respective artist. Today I was in Lubbock and bought a pair of Buddy Holly's glasses, now I need to learn an appropriate song, so anyone do any that work well just solo acoustic that go well? Also any other ideas for the glasses theme, with a roaring holiday crowd it goes down really well, I was thinking Elton John?
    Cheers Steve

"Peggy Sue" is a great "unplugged" Buddy Holly song, but almost any will work on acoustic.

Comment

Working...
    X