Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the lyrically longest songs you do without a cheat sheet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the lyrically longest songs you do without a cheat sheet.

I am one of those stubborn old guys that refuses to use a cheat sheet (no judgement here). I challenge myself to learn songs with lots of lyrics to keep my memory in shape.

Big Iron - Marty Robbins

Gentle On My Mind - John Hartford

You're Going to make Me Lonely When You Go - Bob Dylan

Tennesee Plates & Buffalo River Home - John Hiatt

Hotel California - Eagles

I Am The Walrus - Beatles

Man of Constant Sorrow

City of New Orleans

Etc., etc.

You? Any ideas? :smileylol:

Hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times.

President Trump is living in his own fantasy world, and he is at war with anyone who dares to intrude on his dream with reality.

These days I mostly perform my own songs which have very short and repetitive lyrics to suit my ageing brain.

But, if anyone asked me to (they won't) I could rip off Fairport Convention's "Maddy Groves." That's long enough to include a seduction (in church, no less), betrayal, a foot-of-the-bed duel, vitriolic defiance and two murders. 

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

Comment

I don't do much real Pop anymore so my choice is ancient.  Lyin' Eyes is the longest set of lyrics I do. And since I only play it once every year or two it can be a challenge

Comment

• Howie22
        Howie22 commented
        Editing a comment

I guess from my setlist it's probably The Weight.

I also have a tough time with Eric Church's song Drink In My Hand. It's not a long song, but it has four verses, and every chorus is different as well.

• Potts
        Potts commented
        Editing a comment
        Lyin eyes is a bit challenging. I need the lyrics to give me a push on that one.

Hook by Blues Traveller. But it's one of those where each line just kind of flows (or sprints) into the next.
      Free prog-related metal from Michigan.

http://www.silentlapse.com

Comment

Working...
      X