Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

What are the lyrically longest songs you do without a cheat sheet.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the lyrically longest songs you do without a cheat sheet.

I am one of those stubborn old guys that refuses to use a cheat sheet (no judgement here). I challenge myself to learn songs with lots of lyrics to keep my memory in shape.

Big Iron - Marty Robbins

Gentle On My Mind - John Hartford

You're Going to make Me Lonely When You Go - Bob Dylan

Tennesee Plates & Buffalo River Home - John Hiatt

Hotel California - Eagles

I Am The Walrus - Beatles

Man of Constant Sorrow

City of New Orleans

Etc., etc.

You? Any ideas? :smileylol:

NSA - The only government agency that actually listens to what you have to say.

These days I mostly perform my own songs which have very short and repetitive lyrics to suit my ageing brain.

But, if anyone asked me to (they won't) I could rip off Fairport Convention's "Maddy Groves." That's long enough to include a seduction (in church, no less), betrayal, a foot-of-the-bed duel, vitriolic defiance and two murders. 

Hi Mom!

Comment

I don't do much real Pop anymore so my choice is ancient.  Lyin' Eyes is the longest set of lyrics I do. And since I only play it once every year or two it can be a challenge

Comment

• Howie22
        Howie22 commented
        Editing a comment

I guess from my setlist it's probably The Weight.

I also have a tough time with Eric Church's song Drink In My Hand. It's not a long song, but it has four verses, and every chorus is different as well.

• Potts
        Potts commented
        Editing a comment
        Lyin eyes is a bit challenging. I need the lyrics to give me a push on that one.

Hook by Blues Traveller. But it's one of those where each line just kind of flows (or sprints) into the next.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Free prog-related metal from Michigan.<br />
      <br />
      <a href="http://www.silentlapse.com" target="_blank">http://www.silentlapse.com</a></div>

Comment

Working...
      X