Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Female Singers and their bad attitudes - pls comment

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your case Terry, you are the front man when you pull in additional backup musicians so with that in mind you are correct. However, if the singer in a duo, or band with more members, is the one who keeps it all going on stage but does not play another instrument they, male or female, should be paid a commensurate share. If you own all the equipment, do all the booking & etc that share needs to be addressed when the interview takes place. However, a singer has an instrument, their voice, and to outright require an additional instrument seems to be very possibly ignoring someone who could well make a huge difference in your show and subsequent bookings and income.
    Of course, what works for you works and that's great but keep in mind the difference in locals may well make a huge difference in the availability of multi-instrumentalists.

Some valid points...
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Another prob with having 1 female singer in the band : EVeryone in the Band wants to sleep with her! Due to this...jealousy is the name of the game. She knows all the guys wanna bed her...so she plays hard to get..and flirts with the drummer one...then with the bassist the next day...and etc....and giving false hopes to each dude in the band.

Comment

She manipulates each dude with her sex appeal to her advantage.

Comment

yeah ;i guess we've all paid our dues with "bands". thats why we're all solo- duo 's now! [i am anyway]

Comment

I play in two power trios, as well as my solo gig. "No chicks in the band" has always been my motto. I have seen it quite a few times with other bands, the chick dates one of the members then all of a sudden she is with someone else in the band then the next thing you know, no more band. It is hard enough getting, and keeping a good band together without drama. Let alone throwing a girl in the mix. Don't get me wrong, I like to listen to a good female singer who can front a band, and if she is easy on the eyes even better. But I don't need the extra B.S. in my projects. Just my opinion......

Comment

I have been offered many times to join many different bands to be their Female Singer. These are all dudes. Said they needed an 'eye-candy' girl on stage.

So I joined one band 2years ago to see how it will go. All the dudes in the band was hitting on me....giving me pressure to give in to them. As much as I like cute guys...I just don't wanna get involved with any of them sexually. To me, Work is work. I dont mix work with pleasure.

Comment

As much as I like cute guys...I just don't wanna get involved with any of them sexually. To me, Work is work. I dont mix work with pleasure.

I "don't" want you in my band. (does this mean we can go out?) LOL

Comment

I "don't" want you in my band. (does this mean we can go out?) LOL

sigh...ok. Where and when?

Comment

I've been a musician all my life, and have been in a few bands with female singers. I've never had a bad experience with them, as they have always been pros (and I've been lucky).

We males and female in the band also always adopted a 'hands off the opposite gender member' -- and that's the only way it can be. In turn we started acting like her brother, protecting her from what we considered danger and using her to help us meet other females.

I made one exception to the 'hands off' rule and it was the right decision.

I met the woman you see on my avatar when we were playing in different bands. We became 'an item' that way and a couple of months later, my band broke up and her band was having severe internal personnel difficulties. So we decided to start a band of our own.

We did a trio for a while and then a 5 piece band and we remained together, but didn't let that interfere with the workings of the bands (we are both professionals). Later on the 5 piece band started having difficulties, bass player quit for family reasons, replaced him, then lost the drummer for a reason I don't remember, and replaced him with a female drummer. Went to the first gig, and she said, "I can't play in a bar, God will never forgive me." She was a Mormon. We played that night and the next day I bought a keyboard with a sequencer in it.

We never looked back. So I've been in a duo with a fantastic female singer (she sings much better than I do) who doesn't have the 'attitude' and also plays guitar and synth, and we've played in venues from South Florida to Cruise Ships all the way to the People's Republic of China. We're now married, she is my lover, my best friend, and my duo partner.

Life is great!!!

Insights and incites by Notes ?
                    Bob "Notes" Norton
                    Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
                    Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box and add on styles for Microsoft SongSmith
                    The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Comment

Another prob with having 1 female singer in the band : EVeryone in the Band wants to sleep with her! Due to this...jealousy is the name of the game. She knows all the guys wanna bed her...so she plays hard to get..and flirts with the drummer one...then with the bassist the next day...and etc....and giving false hopes to each dude in the band.

The sexism in this thread is ridiculous. "Men-only" band policies. Women at fault for
                      using sex appeal. If a sexy male was the only guy in his band and sleeping with all the
                      women, none of you would be complaining. Damn those double standards.

You could argue that this is the men's fault, too. They just can't stop thinking with
                      their penises. They always have the option of shutting down any of her advances.

If they did, she'd have no reason to use sex appeal to manipulate them.

Men who lack self-control and easily give into sex appeal are weak
                      and women know that. If women can use it to their advantage, they should.
                      Those men deserve to be manipulated.

Comment

The sexism in this thread is ridiculous. "Men-only" band policies. Women at fault for
                        using sex appeal. If a sexy male was the only guy in his band and sleeping with all the
                        women, none of you would be complaining. Damn those double standards.

You could argue that this is the men's fault, too. They just can't stop thinking with
                        their penises. They always have the option of shutting down any of her advances.

If they did, she'd have no reason to use sex appeal to manipulate them.

Men who lack self-control and easily give into sex appeal are weak
                        and women know that. If women can use it to their advantage, they should.
                        Those men deserve to be manipulated.

What's especially strange is the rampant sexism coming from this "stunningbabe".
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. - Martin Mull</i></div>

Comment

What's especially strange is the rampant sexism coming from this "stunningbabe".

It's called jealousy...

Rod
                          www.tablefor2.net

Comment

It's called jealousy...

Rod

Or is it trolling?
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. - Martin Mull</i></div>

Comment

A jealous troll?

Rod
                              www.tablefor2.net

Comment

"stunningbabe" is a man.
                                It's so obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X