Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Youtube Acoustic Covers

Alright...This is old but great! It went viral and from what I remember he was trying to go the major label route. I have no idea what happened to his career.

Just Darrell Web Site

Here's another youtube sensation. This kid is solid. Check out his youtube page-- he's got about 80 vids.

Just Darrell Web Site

Comment

• Potts
      Potts commented
      Editing a comment

Mike Masse... This dude and his friends are great. There's about 80 vids. I started following this guy awhile ago and one day he came out with the second video below--terribly sad.

I've always liked this kid's version of this song. It's not all over-produced like some of the Youtube cover stuff. 

FWIW, I do a version of Hey Ya in my set. I'd say my version is about half way between Obadiah Parker's and the original. I do it all acoustic with some of OP's phrasing, but more at the speed of the original. Typically goes over pretty well - it takes people a minute to figure it out.

Comment

• Boosha
      Boosha commented
      Editing a comment

I'm glad you guys found Mike Masse/Jeff Hall, and ortoPilot.  I spend hours watching their clips.

Luke

• Potts
      Potts commented
      Editing a comment

Howie22 wrote:

I've always liked this kid's version of this song. It's not all over-produced like some of the Youtube cover stuff. 

FWIW, I do a version of Hey Ya in my set. I'd say my version is about half way between Obadiah Parker's and the original. I do it all acoustic with some of OP's phrasing, but more at the speed of the original. Typically goes over pretty well - it takes people a minute to figure it out.

Wow! i didn't expect that...very nice version!

Potts wrote:

Alright...This is old but great! It went viral and from what I remember he was trying to go the major label route. I have no idea what happened to his career.

He's done okay...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obadiah_Parker

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Working...
    X