Honest opinions about my singing?

Nikki1234

• Members

Once the sound wave is played the recording repeats and is listenable. Your voice has a folk music quality to it. You are a soprano, but a couple of notes were too high for you. Lower the key a little or even more than a litle if possible. You have talent, but I'm not sure if there is an audience for this.

• Moderators

Bob Dey wrote:

Once the sound wave is played the recording repeats and is listenable. Your voice has a folk music quality to it. You are a soprano, but a couple of notes were too high for you. Lower the key a little or even more than a litle if possible. You have talent, but I'm not sure if there is an audience for this.

wow, I see what you mean about it starting over....I really couldn't get through the front end until I knew there was something behind it.

okay, Nikki...biggest thing, aside from the key being a tad high (consider starting a whole step down; it would work better when you go after those sustenatos...) is your breathing technique....especially when singing a capella, take your breaths away from the mic, and measure how much you really need to inhale between breaths.  This is something I had to learn early on, and now comes fairly naturally to me, but it makes a huge difference.

I would be interested to hearing you with some basic accompaniment.

• Members

Bob Dey wrote:

How in the world could you stand to listen through the whole thing the first time around????

Archived