Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

The one song you bust out that always goes well?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one song you bust out that always goes well?

What's yours? Lion man by Mumford and sons always turned heads when I played in a duo. Interested in your must play tunes.

For a listening crowd... I play some of the followinig if things are going South: Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers), Route 66, Dock of The Bay, Kansas City, Stir It Up, Three Little Birds, My Girl, Stand By Me, Take Five, Breezin' (Benson).and Moondance.  Those are the ones that will often get me tips anyway. Probably Dock of The Bay is the go to tune in an "emergency".

For a "Rock" crowd: Here For A Good Time, Long Train, and Some Kind of Wonderful will usually help pull my set out of the fire. As you can maybe tell, I don't do much Rock.

Comment

• davebols
      davebols commented
      Editing a comment

King of the road, Rolling in my sweet babys arms.  I like to bring out old tunes like these cause I like um and it's amazing how many of the younger crowd knows them.

We always get a great response from Wagon Wheel and I won't give up. For what it's worth and anything from Zac Brown works too

Comment

Without a doubt, the best song for nearly any crowd is Blister In the Sun

Always goes over well.

Comment

• Potts
        Potts commented
        Editing a comment

Howie22 wrote:

Always goes over well.

Blister into America Pie and back into Blister. Fast-forward to 1.00.

• Boosha
        Boosha commented
        Editing a comment

Howie22 wrote:

Always goes over well.

Agreed.  Blister is always really well received.  Another one that always gets people dancing for me is Jailhouse Rock.

For a listening crowd...Wild is the wind, New york state of mind...Body and soul

For a nonlistening crowd....Paparazzi (Gaga),  Alone (Heart)

Comment

• MDLMUSIC
        MDLMUSIC commented
        Editing a comment
        I know I'll get flamed for this but, so far, I've never had a bad response to Brown-Eyed Girl.

Most Gear Daddies stuff is still a sure thing too, up here in the upper midwest. They were THE college band around here thru the 90s and early 00s.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
      <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
      -For Sale: <br />
      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Working...
      X