Two in a row

steve mac

• Members

I do a whole lot of segues in my Classic Top 40 band but usually not when I'm playing solo. There's hardly ever anyone dancing when I play solo.

But yeah, in the band we hardly ever do one tune by itself. And I often just call the next tune based on BPM, type of beat, how long folks have been dancing,  and so on. A couple of segues that I can recall: Soul Man into Signed Sealed Delivered (both in E).  Down On The Corner into Rock Your Baby (George McCrae) - they are actually similar feels and tempo. Brick House into Evil Ways. I Saw Her Standing There into Johnny B. Goode.

I also like to have a few guitar tunes I can start by myself so I can keep the dance floor going - things like Honky Tonk Woman....

But as I say, when I'm doing a solo lounge gig, I just noodle around after a song ends until I fell like starting the next one. Sometimes that's right away but not always.

• Members

Black Water --->Love the One Your With---->Norweigan Wood

3AM----> the Joker----> Hungry Heart

Slide---> What I Got

That's Alright Mamma---->Blue Moon---->The Jeffersons

For What its Worth--->Ramble On

I dunno...there's a lot. I'll go 5 or 6 tunes at a time that flow nicely. I have an issue with those gigs when there's no crowd response so I alleviate that odd feeling by stringing 20 minutes at a time together.

Archived