Weekly Gig

Potts

• Members

The forum has been slow so I'll share in my excitement.

I had a four month weekly gig last year that went very well. We know how this business can be and I was getting worried that he wouldn't do it this summer. Well I got the call today (Don Henley lol) that I got the gig again! That gives me another 20 gigs between May and the end of August. My calender for the next 120 days is 55 gigs with another 8 open weekend dates that I can either take off or play. I'm really excited!

• Members

Hey, Darryl, and hello to the forum. Been here watching for over a year, but just now posting. I, too, thought I wouldn't be working as much, not having a gig since late February, but the calls are coming in. One guy who took a business card 7 yrs. ago just booked me for a party, and I am auditioning tomorrow for a bi-monthly wine pub outdoors. The weather's great here in San Diego.

Sold my Taylor 814ce this past weekend and will use the indestructable Rainsong with K&k pickup from now on.

Play on , everyone! By the way, I use the harmonizer more sparingly since I looked at some of these vids.

larryjohnson65 - YouTube

• Members

Always nice to get those plum return gigs - good for you Darrell.

I think there's something in the air because I've had a crazy month. Had to learn a bunch of other folks material. I'm doing an upcoming Dinah Washington tribute, A Gil Evans big band treatment of Jimi Hendrix next week, played two gigs in a New Orleans style band, and did a tribute to the Jazz Crusaders. But the problem is they are all mainly for fun, as the money isn't worth the work.

And my solo stuff has been up and down. I just had two, $200 gigs cancelled last minute - agents! Oh well easy come, easy go. Still I did pick up three days as a duo and a couple more afternoon lounge spots this week, so it's not all bad.

BTW welcome to the forum Larry - sounds good. What a backdrop for a video, that's a great idea.

• Members

Shaster wrote:

. I'm doing an upcoming Dinah Washington tribute, A Gil Evans big band treatment of Jimi Hendrix next week, played two gigs in a New Orleans style band, and did a tribute to the Jazz Crusaders. But the problem is they are all mainly for fun, as the money isn't worth the work.

Although I depend on gig money exclusively, I'm fairly jealous that as a musician you get to do these things. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

Archived