X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Do You Practice?

I struggle with practice. Between the day job and the two little ones running around, I just have a hard time finding time to practice, learn new songs, rehearse, etc. Add to that any time I pick up my guitar, the wife reminds me that I could/should be doing something else. Not that she is being mean or anything, there always are other things going on.

By the time we get the kids to bed, I am usually pretty wiped out.

When do you practice? Do you schedule specific times?

I play keys, I'll put the headphones on and sneak in 20 minutes in the morning before heading out to work most days. I can usually get an hour in two or three times a week in the eavening or at week ends. Basically any time I'm doing nothing, beats staring at the TV.

Comment

certainly no schedule. Just whenever.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
      <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
      -For Sale: <br />
      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

• pogo97
        pogo97 commented
        Editing a comment

I didn't truly realize how vital practise was until about ten years ago. Now I usually practise 3 to 5 hours a day with the result that I keep getting better and better. I'm a house-dad with 14 & 11 year olds, so I'm not intensly employed--except at polishing my craft.

Once a week on Tuesday night in the studio. Daily on my commute to and from work is when I learn new material by listening to it over and over, nonstop. My commute is 45min. Each way so it helps.

Rod
      www.tablefor2.net

Comment

Working...
      X