Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Allman Brothers Midnight Rider

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allman Brothers Midnight Rider

Speaking of getting the correct chords going, who can tell me the correct chord progression for Midnight Rider? The main riff is a D with some hammer-ons but where does it go from there? I've tried some tabs but they don't sound right.

Gmin7  C  D

During the lead - C to B flat a few times and back to D. Too high for me, I'd have bring it down to G or A.

Winner of best guitarist in the house. (my house)!

Comment

• mchalebk
      mchalebk commented
      Editing a comment

I've been working up a version of this for my duo. I'm using elements of the Allman Brothers version along with the Gregg Allman solo version. One interesting thing: Gregg's version uses Gm7-Bb-D, instead of Gm7-C-D.

I also don't think of this song as being in D, necessarily, since it has a lot of Dm tonality going on (especially in Gregg's version, where there are plenty of F naturals being played during the instrumental breaks). I've been playing it in drop D and mostly staying away from the high E string, which leaves the D without a 3rd (so it could be minor or major).

Working...
X