importing backtrax into an ipad??

doezer

• Members

sorry folks this is more of an IT issue than anything else..

i just got me an ipad. i have to be honest its a pretty weird OS for me compared to PCs im used to..

just a quick question.  i want to import my mp3 backing trax into the ipad so i can link them to Songbook Pro..

so how is a guy supposed to simply bring an mp3 into the ipad..  wheres the folder structure,  do you get to "see" files in folders on an ipad??   

theres no problem BUYING music.. theyve made that real real easy ..but just importing my mp3s.. im even trying drop box i have some mp3s in dropbox .  so how do i get them so i can link to them..!!!!

jeez...!!

thanks D

• Members

doezer wrote:

sorry folks this is more of an IT issue than anything else..

i just got me an ipad. i have to be honest its a pretty weird OS for me compared to PCs im used to..

just a quick question.  i want to import my mp3 backing trax into the ipad so i can link them to Songbook Pro..

so how is a guy supposed to simply bring an mp3 into the ipad..  wheres the folder structure,  do you get to "see" files in folders on an ipad??   

theres no problem BUYING music.. theyve made that real real easy ..but just importing my mp3s.. im even trying drop box i have some mp3s in dropbox .  so how do i get them so i can link to them..!!!!

jeez...!!

thanks D

Good Luck with that.

Any Apple music player/gadget will require you to go via their horrid iTunes - and that {censored}ty little thing will put every piece of music on your computer onto the Apple gadget whether you want it to or not.

Don't let them fool you that you can cherry pick and only transfer the music you want like you can drag and drop files from PC to a non Apple gadget - iTunes will infiltrate everything and do what it bloody well wants.

I BLOODY HATE ITUNES. :catmad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got a professional backing track player and that solved all my problems. After years of messing with laptops ipods and ipads I purchasedt a "Merish Plus". This thing plays and transposes MP3 backing tracks but its main strength is playing back and customizing midi files. The onboard sound engine is a dream come true and we can change key and do all sorts of useful edits onboard the Merish Plus.

Something like this might save you the headaches we went through trying to get good MIDI file backing track player for our duo/trio. I got mine online through Hit Trax MIDI Files in Australia who shipped it to me with a US power supply in 3 days with free shipping, 400 songs, 8GB thumb drive and a free road case. Not bad value and hands down this player beats any iPad, laptop and other time wasting device.  Price is about US$1399.00 at the moment with the deal i got.

Hit trax have a website full of midi backing tracks and mp3 versions which are high quality. It's a legal website so you wont get free midis but you can as part of a purchase deal. Anyhow, you can check these out if you're interested. We paid for and downloaded some backing tracks and the quality was awesome. :smileyhappy:

If this is any help then heres the details.  Website is www.hittraxmidi.com and you can call them from anywhere in the US at a local call rate. Follow the links to Merish Plus or click the 'Hi-Tech' tab.

Here's a pic of the Merish Plus:

Merish Plus MIDI File/MP3 Backing Track Player

Cheers Gianluca

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey there,

I too have a Merish and its absolutely brilliant, have you managed to find software that allows you to add lyrics and chords to older midi files to match the features offered in the Merish ? I am running a Mac Pro.. 

Archived