Single-Unit Amplification?

AJP

• Members

So my normal solo gig PA is an Alesis MultiMix 8 and a pair of Mackie Thumps. This works well and sounds great (keyboard with some sequenced tracks, piano/keys songs, acoustic/electric guitar and vocal). What I'm wondering is, for smaller gigs, is anyone using a single unit (keyboard amp) for the same kinds of inputs? Thinking along the lines of Peavey KB4 (1 x 15" + tweeter) or KB5 (2 x 10" + horn), Hartke KM100 or 200, or Roland KC350 or 550. My fear would be potentially overloading a single unit.

Tried the Bose L1 Compact a while back (Compact only because I can't get into $1000+ for this)... that thing damn near melted.

Any input appreciated... peace!

• Members

AJP wrote:

So my normal solo gig PA is an Alesis MultiMix 8 and a pair of Mackie Thumps. This works well and sounds great (keyboard with some sequenced tracks, piano/keys songs, acoustic/electric guitar and vocal). What I'm wondering is, for smaller gigs, is anyone using a single unit (keyboard amp) for the same kinds of inputs? Thinking along the lines of Peavey KB4 (1 x 15" + tweeter) or KB5 (2 x 10" + horn), Hartke KM100 or 200, or Roland KC350 or 550. My fear would be potentially overloading a single unit.

Tried the Bose L1 Compact a while back (Compact only because I can't get into $1000+ for this)... that thing damn near melted.

Any input appreciated... peace!

Why not just use a single Thump.

• Members

Hmm. Sadly didn't even think of that. If the Alesis iMultiMix doesn't have outputs marked "mono" (presumably "summed"?), am I losing sound elements? S'pose I gotta experiment after tomorrow's gig!

Archived