Bipolar gig report (long)

SLScott86

• Members

Thanks! I did probably even thirds of nineties songs, newer alternative tunes (Lumineers/Avett Brothers/Mumford), and older stuff (Thunder Road/Desperado/Levon/Build Me Up Buttercup/Footloose)

I was very disproportionately nineties-heavy, and my filler still is, but when you're only playing one set basically, you don't need to use any filler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have no clue what that smiley is supposed to be, but I like it.

EDIT: Is he throwing confetti on himself? I would only do that if I had memorized 100+ songs that I knew inside and out before presenting them to the public. 

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

I have no clue what that smiley is supposed to be, but I like it.

EDIT: Is he throwing confetti on himself? I would only do that if I had memorized 100+ songs that I knew inside and out before presenting them to the public. 

LOL -- its a gift i have.  I can memorize damn near anything, and usually dont forget thinks easily. 

dont get me wrong, I send 10 hours a week practicing and going over them so that i do know them inside and out.  I was never able to just go out and wing it with cheat sheets. that is too distracting for me and I feel I owe it to my audience to perform and not just play songs out of fake books. 

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

I owe it to my band and wife to not spend ten hours a week practicing solo stuff that I'm not performing or being paid for.

What about the stuff you are performing and getting paid for? I still use the binder, rather have a tablet and will get there eventually. I like not having to look at the material during a gig but damn is it a lot to memorize.

Archived