finding a live app that lets you scroll through tunes while the current one is playing.

doezer

• Members

Ooohh  man!!  how I would love to design a live app totally tailored to my needs.

there are so many little features that would be useful.

i currently use Songbook for lyrics and backing tracks. its good - certainly a million times better than a folder with pages in it.. ;) 

But it ha sone major flaw. as a tune is playing i would like to sometimes see my playlist maybe on teh side, so i have the lyrics on teh left side of the screen and the playlist on the right and then i can scroll thru the playlist, pick teh song i think will work best next,  then press play on it so it "arms" and is ready to go the second the other track stops..

ohh that would be juicy it really would.  i hate to be constrianed to the next song on the playlist, it isnt always the one you want.  

this affects me more when people are up dancing. when theyre not you can have a small little silence while you go back out to the list pick your song and press play its handy enough.

but when people are dancing you really need that next song within a second or two...

does any app do this? looking onkline i can see OnSong doing it either.  it seems such a basic need for people who want to play to dancefloors.. 

thanks

d

• Members

Airturn vs. swiping to the side isn't a big difference in this regard do much as a visual thing. I could see where a little quick access pane to move in the set list would be nice. Every time I back up to the playlist there's an extra bit of indecision in addition to actually finding the song because they aren't really in any convenient order for finding song. Even if it was a dropdown button with the set list in alphabetical order that jumps to the song and continues in set order. That would rule.

I adjust the set based in a more negative way... like " I'm not feeling this one right now" and just skip it.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

Airturn vs. swiping to the side isn't a big difference in this regard do much as a visual thing. I could see where a little quick access pane to move in the set list would be nice. Every time I back up to the playlist there's an extra bit of indecision in addition to actually finding the song because they aren't really in any convenient order for finding song. Even if it was a dropdown button with the set list in alphabetical order that jumps to the song and continues in set order. That would rule.

I adjust the set based in a more negative way... like " I'm not feeling this one right now" and just skip it.

Eh..I crank through my setlists with the airturn while I'm doing the current song all the time. It's just shopping for the next tune.

My main setlist is named "Songs I Like," it's 175 tunes that I don't get sick of playing. Like you though more often than not it's "I'm not feeling this one right now" too.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

How do you do that might I ask? Or are you just skipping songs one by one while you pay until you find one that suits the situation?

I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll take a stab at it. I know most of these tunes but have the lyrics there just in case. So it's easy to go forward or backwards 10 or so songs until I find one that I like or wish to play. I have to do it that way or else I'm stuck with silence between songs--which I hate. It all goes along with the applause thing. i hate dead air so I may crank out 5-10 songs in a row without stopping.

EDIT: Sorry I'm slow. Yes- just skipping songs while I play.  ;)

Archived