No announcement yet.

Post Pictures of you performing on stage

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Pictures of you performing on stage

I'd like to see how you folks 'do it' on stage.

At Fort Worth, Texas' MayFest
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

CD Release Party for my third CD. I'm either concentrating or I fell asleep on stage. I'm going with concentrating.
        ---
        Richard MacLemale
        My Website at www.richardmac.com

Comment

I love rockin' outside!
          Video playing guitar at the beach - www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
          Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8
          Broken Hearted Surfer - Original Surf music and video featuring local Florida surfers - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFXhNoRhHw

Comment

Wonderful!

1) Can you guys tell more about the genre of music you perform?
            2) How many years have you been doing solo/duo gigs?
            3) What are the challenges you face doing this?

Comment

At the Blackstone Valley Music Festival - September 2010

At Artists Creating for a Cure - July 2010

At Cakettes Coffee Shop - Early 2010

1) Can you guys tell more about the genre of music you perform?
              I consider my music to be folk music. Eighty percent or more is original, but written in folk style with simple chord structure and song structure.
              2) How many years have you been doing solo/duo gigs?
              I have been performing solo since about 1968. Prior to that I was in a duo with my older brother Ken. I have done a couple of short-lived band projects and another duo with my brother Brian, but for the most part have worked solo.
              3) What are the challenges you face doing this?
              For me, the biggest challenge is finding places to gig. Not many places want performers doing unfamiliar material. Other than that, there are some songs that I have written that really need a lead guitar, flute, or fiddle; those tend not to get performed unless I can get someone to sit in on a few songs at a gig.

Comment

I'm playing the electric.

Edit:
                1) Popular rock. Mostly classic, a some contemporary, a few countryish tunes.
                2) Been playing solo & duo somewhat regularly since I was 16, so 30 years.
                3) Vocal stamina is probably my biggest challenge. I can play every night of the week, but more than three 3.5-4 hour nights of singing pushes my limits. I transpose a lot.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Comment

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. - Martin Mull

Comment

Back when I had a moustache ...

Comment

Good job everyone...except stackabones. Keep 'em coming...good people!

Comment

Comment

Performing at the Conchtoberfest 2010 festival at Hawks Cay Resort on Duck Key.

Playing with Clarence Clemons at the Dockside Bar & Grill, Marathon, Florida Keys.

Rocking out at the Bash at the Bridge, 2006, Marathon, Florida Keys.

For solo performances it's predominantly acoustic classic rock and singer/songwriter stuff with a lot of originals thrown in. For band gigs it's predominantly electric classic rock with several originals thrown in. For festivals, it's a lot more originals and I'll mix solo and band sets.
                            John Bartus
                            John Bartus & Storm Watch
                            Live From the Florida Keys
                            http://www.johnbartus.com
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBartus

Comment

Very good to see more variety here.

Comment

Working...
                              X