What Mic do you own and use on stage?

stunningbabe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

E835, though I don't mind the SM58. I think the 835 has a bit of a bump in the 2k-6k range, which makes it sound brighter and "better" to people. I just like it cause its a good workhorse, sounds good, decent rejection, etc.

• Members

Shures: 2 SM58's, 2 PE 50's (much better than the 58's), 5 SM 57's, beta 52A, and an SM 10 headset mic...

AKG: WMS wireless headset system, with a C520 headset mic

Sennheiser: e-935

the Sennheiser is my main mic, i use the akg when needed and carry one of the PE 50's for a backup...

• Members

Shure beta 87a. I'm a big fan of small diaphragm condensers for live use. This one goes for $250 or so. The sm86 is a little cheaper ($180) but also really nice. Dynamic mics are fine for heavy rock, hip-hop or screaming, but for the kind of music normally done solo or in duos (why we're all here :wave:) I think the condensers are a lot better and well worth the extra $$$.

• Members

Heil PR35 for my lead vocals. I used to use an EV 767a (and before that an SM58). Now the EV gets used either for acoustic guitar or for a little lift for the finger work of one of our percussionists. One of my back-up singers uses my old SM58. The other two use Apex 381's (not very well-known, but it's a terrific, inexpensive little vocal mic). Heil PR22 on accordion and an Apex 115 condenser for clarinet. I have an SM57 for whatever else needs a mic from time to time.

Louis

• Members

Sennheiser e835s for my vocals. I gave the SM58 a try, but liked the sound of my voice through the Sennheiser better. I do use a Shure windscreen, though, to make sure I stay an inch or two off the mic. Without the windscreen, I tend to be right up on the grill of the mic which results in too much bass effect.

• Members

I use a SM58. I also have the Sennheiser E-835, but don't care for it as much.

I get up on it pretty close. I used to use a windscreen, but realized that it cost huge amounts of volume and clarity.

I have a Beta 57 as well that I use for my percussionist's kit when he plays with me.

• Members

Used them all, currently diging the line 6 wireless a lot! Best stage I have used period. If you wanna be heard with detail and tone, try one...you will become a believer.

Trying not to be a totally shameless plug ...

It has mic modeling, so you can push a button and change it to any of 7 mics (most of what everyone has mentioned here. This could be a big benefit as I'm guessing that most people that have responded have only had the opportunity to actually try one or two mics (and maybe even none) in the middle of a gig. You could even switch this one to have a brighter mic for one song and a warmer mic foe another and do it on the fly.

Archived