No announcement yet.

Acoustic vs electric solo/duos

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic vs electric solo/duos

Anybody swing both ways?  I see some duos with an acoustic player and an electric player doing more lead work. Does electric go better with percussion or backing tracks? Are you an acoustic guitar or electric guitar solo/duo? Why?

In most duo settings (where I am the side man) I will play both.

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

• Shart
      Shart commented
      Editing a comment

Guess I should have stated that we both play acoustics. There's a new tele arriving today and I'm considering bringing it along to future gigs.

in my solo shows I use both. Sometimes at the same time with my hybrids.

tlbonehead@yahoo.com
    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
    -For Sale:
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Working...
    X