School me on using an ipad for lyrics

stratmansblues

• Members

I have been using binders for a few years and since my song list is expanding I need a better way to organize my lyrics. I see other solo acoustic performers using ipads. 

I have been researching ipads and it seems that the ipad 4 is the one to get, but I hear that the ipad 5 is coming out anytime now. I may use the ipad for other things like video streaming and surfing the internet, but mostly for lyrics. 

I have the onsong app on my iphone and I have experimented a little with it and drop box.

Which ipad should I get? Which app is the most reliable? How do I get a ton of lyrics imported in the app? I am sold on the ipad over other tablets since I have a mac computer and I used an iphone. I like apple products and prefer to keep my line of computer devices consistent. 

Thanks!

- Drew

• Members

I use an iPad only for lyrics.  That said, I much prefer OnSong to Songbook.  It is much easier to make visual changes in OnSong and OnSong now has a MIDI function that allows me to call up a Lyric as a MIDI program change so the lyrics automatically follow my sequencer.

As far as getting songs into either program.  I edit them first and drop them into Dropbox.  From there they automatically download to the iPad.

Archived