What would you pay for THE BEST Backing Tracks?

sventvkg

• Members

sventvkg wrote:

I'm talking with several options for dropping the key, multi-track stems, all live instruments all sounds spot on? 

I'd easily pay $25. My friend had a studio in his home and recorded all of his tracks with a full band. He had a website for awhile and sold them for $10 each. I have no idea why he stopped selling them.

• Members

I put this over on the other BT thread but it bears repeating here

Yup, I'm aware of the fees to be sure. That's why I'm wondering what the demand would be. I would think worldwide, the demand would be big if it's real instruments primarily, hightest quality, multi-track, with different key options. You'd only need to sell about 25 or so to cover the fees. We're going to do them for ourselves and the first 100 are standards for our cover project plus some cool concert stuff like, Kansas, Peter Gabriel, Styxx, Genesis, etc...I'll let ya'll hear em when we're done and if the respose is what I think it will be, we'll put it out on all the forums and maybe some of you will help spread the word for SUBSTANTIAL discounts and free tracks!! :smileyhappy: 

As professionals who have gigged for over 25 years I think we have a very reasonable bead on what the people want to hear and like so I have it in my mind to do 250-500 songs that I KNOW kill live expressely for the professional market. We will do special requests as well for a fee and will set up a forum where people can request tunes. I'm thinking if a certain number of people request a song and they preorder, we will do it..That kind of thing, but i'm still riffing here. 

Bottom line is it's HIGH TIME we bring the quality to what it needs to be for the professional market. We've been waiting for someone else to do it and it hasn't really happened. So, we're doing it. Let me know what ya think.

• Members

sventvkg wrote:

Potts and others. Why don't you give me a list of the tunes you all most want so I can see if it all jives with mine or it may give me ideas for songs I didn't think of?

I can if you really want but I'm sure it's right in line with what you're thinking. I'll be your product tester  ;)

Archived