Using a bose T1 with a normal PA

kevintyler

• Members

Hi guys

i have been looking for a small professional mixer for ages, for one mic and a laptop, must have internal fx, 

now guys i am talking professional so forget 100 quid toys from thoman and 1200 quid dyancord desks that are too bulky and have too many redundant channels, 

so, someone suggested the bose t1, what do you think?? anyone ever plugged this in to a conventional  pa, with  bins and mid tops???

cheers

kev

• Members

I'm qute happy wth my Yamaha MG82CX. If it's not expensive enough for you I'd be happy to sell you mine at 2x MSRP biggrin.gif.

OTOH many folks love their A&H ZED10FX . The MG has an available mic stand mount for it. The ZED doesn't need a line wart, has USB, a separate monitor mix, and says A&H on it biggrin.gif.

Both have enough channels for a duo and tracks and/or break music.

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

ZED10FX . The MG has an available mic stand mount for it. The ZED doesn't need a line wart, has USB, a separate monitor mix, and says A&H on it
biggrin.gif

Pretty sweet- I want one. OTOH a friend uses the T1 with a speaker on a stick and loves it. 

• Members

Bose T1 is $500 US and I doubt that it would work with anything but bose.

kevintyler wrote:

Hi guys

i have been looking for a small professional mixer for ages, for one mic and a laptop, must have internal fx, 

now guys i am talking professional so forget 100 quid toys from thoman and 1200 quid dyancord desks that are too bulky and have too many redundant channels, 

so, someone suggested the bose t1, what do you think?? anyone ever plugged this in to a conventional  pa, with  bins and mid tops???

cheers

kev

Bose T1 is $500 US and I doubt that it would work with anything but bose. I use a Mackie dfx6 which is much lower in cost and has efx. The very small 3 channel mixers never have on board efx.

• Members

Bob Dey wrote:

Bose T1 is $500 US and I doubt that it would work with anything but bose.

kevintyler wrote:

Hi guys

cheers

kev

Bose T1 is $500 US and I doubt that it would work with anything but bose. I use a Mackie dfx6 which is much lower in cost and has efx. The very small 3 channel mixers never have on board efx.

I use the DFX12 and it's been MORE than reliable. I would have thought that the Bose T1 was proprietary too but it's not.

Archived