OT: So what else are you all into?

SLScott86

• Members

I'll kick it off. I'm really into photography, which has been great because it kind of changes your perspective finding beauty in things where you might otherwise not, and not missing the spectacular either.

I'm a die hard fan of wrestling and the wrestling business. I don't really try to explain it, I just really enjoy following it, even when it's bad.

Also, Michigan State. I've been working the field goal nets in the stadium this year which is a really sweet gig. This week they even scored touchdowns so I had to work.

• Members

Great topic! Very cool Scott! That must be a great time. Sorry though--my friend is a coach at Notre Dame and I'm not supposed to like you ;)

I'm a die-hard sports fan but my passion is hockey and I can't get enough. I coach youth hockey and it's one of the more rewarding things I've done. I absolutely love working with these kids and I find it to be a huge responsibility.

My biggest interest is school. I can't get enough learning. Even Gen Ed classes inspire me. Obviously you'd never be able to tell from my posts but I'm a pretty solid writer. I'm a com major and I've done tons of writing for news, organizations and research papers. I'll have my bachelor's in May and I'm not stopping until I get my Masters. I never imagined that I'd be changing my life course at 44 and I couldn't be happier.

• Members

Well, it's no secret that I'm a nudist. I live in a nudist resort in FL, and spend mid-May through September at a nudist resort in the Pocono mountains of PA.

srr

I have also been a model railroader on and off all my life. I've modeled in all scales from small 4' x 4' layouts in N scale to 75' x 14' HO scale, and now to a G-scale garden railroad 50' x 25'

rr

I'm also into computers, and electronics.

• Members

I'm way into stand-up comedy...and I'm on the verge of actually hitting the stage for the first time, which is scary but feels like something I should have done 20 years ago because I've wanted to do it since I was a kid.

I feel like getting comfortable doing stand-up will also help me be comfortable as a solo act and frontman.

Brian V.

• Members

MusicalSchizo wrote:

I'm way into stand-up comedy...and I'm on the verge of actually hitting the stage for the first time, which is scary but feels like something I should have done 20 years ago because I've wanted to do it since I was a kid.

I feel like getting comfortable doing stand-up will also help me be comfortable as a solo act and frontman.

Brian V.

That's awesome-it's the hardest gig in the world, and the most rewarding if you are succesful IMO. No instrument, nothing to hide behind, just your talent.

For me, it's surfing. I've been surfing for 15 years, and although, having started at age 40,  I'll never be really good at it, it's just so addicting, satisfying, and sheer fun that I would surf everyday if I could.  I'm in better shape than I've been in 30 years, and I get the same feeling from riding a good wave as doing a great gig. Only it's way easier to catch and ride a good wave than to arrange, book, prepare for, and play a great gig. I will not move more than a few miles from the beach as long as I can ride waves. One day, I hope I live in front of a warm water great wave in a cool beach town with a restaurant/club that I can gig solo or duo at. That would be incredible.

• Members

I used to love to travel but I've done so much traveling I like being in my own country more these days..There are many things I would like to do that I don't have the time or money to get into like Boating, fishing, camping, hiking etc....Don't have the $$ these days for the gear. When I do get into a better position I will do all of those things.

I'm very into Shooting and tactical operations but again, it's a very expensive set of activities so it's kind of on hold as well:)

I'm an avid reader, researcher scholar on certain subjects.

Other than that I have my family and have always been obsessed with writing, recording and performing music.

• Members

I guess I'm a bit out there.  I hate computers really, but I am a computer security analyst/engineer.  It sort of makes sense.  i hate them so much I just want to subvert them and break them.  I've been doing it a lot longer than most people in the industry.  I've gotten to do it all, pen testing, incident response, forensics, the whole shootin' match.  I look out the window and envy the guys riding the zero turn lawn mowers most of the time.

I also have some older BMW motorcycles.  They are early 70s R-bikes.  I have taken them apart a few times and managed to get them back together.  My current dialy rider is a scrambler in progress.  The tires are about due, so I am putting dual sport tires on it this round.  Made a few other changes.  One is a cafe bike.  It doesn't go 170 mph, but it handles great and will lose a crotch rocket in the twisties.  One is a pretty un screwed up vintage touring bike with bags and stuff.  But this scrambler has been wrecked and just needs love.

I'm pretty active in the church.  I don't play music there anymore.  But my wife and I have an inner city ministry that we do.  They aren't much into geetars and the crap music I play.  But they are some good kids that are making some good choices despite everything they have going against them.  I am happy to be there to get destroyed on the basketball court with them.

• Members

And you know, people do what's important to them. I'm sure when I have kids, a lot of the cool stuff will seem pretty insignificant. For now though, I'm happy to be off my ass doing things I've always talked about. Including solo music, and I largely have my wife to thank for that, which is how I know she's a good one.

Archived