We've talked about guitar strings before, right?

SLScott86

• Members

Well, either way, I bought up a bunch of EXPs on Black Friday last year, and finally exhausted them a couple months back. I was plenty happy with them.

But I finally tried the phosphor bronze Elixirs that I had laying around since Christmas... Good Lord those things last. I really expected the difference to be negligible. It wasn't. I would say they've lasted at least twice as long as the EXP's, and I may change them because I feel like I should before my ears fingers say I need to.

I used to use the polywebs on my crappy guitars because they colored the sound in a good way. and lasted for a long time. And now I'm fully back aboard the Elixir bandwagon.

• Members

Totally with you, I am using the Nanowebs phosphor bronze and the sound and last really well. Because of the extreme heat where I live (temps up around 140) my fingers sweat and the uncounted strings are destroyed inside a week but these just keep on lasting.

Cheers Steve

• Members

I stand as well. I still need a lot of work at being a more entertaining personality, but standing certainly helps.

I also prefer buying from local shop, and we have one of the world's best, Elderly Instruments, here in Lansing. There are two stores, actually, with the footage and inventory to hang with the new GC. For practical purposes though, I normally find myself buying online rather than going out of my way. Laziness I suppose.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

Well, either way, I bought up a bunch of EXPs on Black Friday last year, and finally exhausted them a couple months back. I was plenty happy with them.

But I finally tried the phosphor bronze Elixirs that I had laying around since Christmas... Good Lord those things last. I really expected the difference to be negligible. It wasn't. I would say they've lasted at least twice as long as the EXP's, and I may change them because I feel like I should before my ears fingers say I need to.

I used to use the polywebs on my crappy guitars because they colored the sound in a good way. and lasted for a long time. And now I'm fully back aboard the Elixir bandwagon.

I recently got turned onto PB Nanowebs by accident, as I'd ordered my usual Polywebs for my 12-string, which I vastly prefer over 80/20 Nanos, but the PB Nanos are what they sent.

The PBs really sound great on my Taylor 12-string, so I just ordered some for my Guild. 

Archived