New Song additions

SLScott86

• Members

Because the setlist exchange thread seems to be longer lists, I thought it might by cool to have a thread to just post new songs you've added. To start off, I've added "Little Black Submarines" by The Black Keys. And in the most obvious mashup ever, I go into Mary Jane's Last Dance where you might think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe I was too cryptic.  To me, it just starts to sound like Stairway To Heaven around 33 seconds in.  But I suppose that's a fitting tribute to an old chestnut.

First time I've heard that tune - I've got to get out more...

EDIT - Back OT, I'm thinking of doing Sugarman by Rodriguez. Is anybody here doing that one yet?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Plus one own adding Wagon Wheel, I also added Fox On The Run which I did live last week for the first time and prior to playing it, as it was a sing a long type crowd, said I needed help with the three part harmony so I did the first part then all the men came in then the women and it worked a treat. My crowd only knew the Manfred Man version but I played it in the country style and it was a definite winner for me.

Cheers Steve

• Members

Mike McLaughlin wrote:

I played two new ones on Friday

Wagon Wheel - (OCMS) Darius Rucker

Boys Round Here - Blake Shelton

Wagon Wheel is getting amazing responses. I use the looper and do a little 4 bar solo between the verses.

• Members

I've opened for Stoney a couple of times, great guy and crew. Easily the beat I've ever been treated by a headliner, and he gave me some of the smoothest moonshine I've ever tasted. But here in Mississippi he's justly not well known enough to cover regularly. In the college towns, I can get away with doing "One Chord Song" and maybe, "Goin' Down In Flames", but not regularly. Usually just when someone asks me to play some Red Dirt, which I love btw.

• Members

I had a good time last night... I did about 30 minutes in a row of new material. I'm not sure of the order but I did Wagon Wheel, Collide by Howie Day, Basket Case by Green Day, Hey There Delilah, Never is Enough by BNL, Time for Me to Fly (lol).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Added an instrumental; one I have wanted to learn for literally forty years.

Jerry Reed was, IMHO, the Father of Chicken Pickin' among other things...his work with Chet Atkins is amazing...including versions of this tune. There is no single complete tutorial on this song, so I had to piece it together from what I could find...I plan to use this solo and with the band.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm working on a few

When She Says Baby - Jason Aldean

I Don't Want This Night to End - Luke Bryan (possible mash up/medley with Aldean song)

Springsteen - Eric Church

Drink a Beer - Luke Bryan

Save a Horse - Big and Rich

I should think about Hey Ho and the Passenger song. I could use some current pop material.

I also need more late night drunk party/sing along/dance tunes

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Added Night Train on sax (got the idea from Notes Norton in another thread, thanks!). Tried it out for the first time yesterday, i'm gonna need to practice a bit more before I play It again.

I've also been working up Carolina by Parmalee, don't know if that made it nationally or was just a regional thing.

- Jimbo

• Members

Just adding Good Old Boys the theme from The Dukes Of Hazard after seeing a contestant on The Voice do it this week, I am playing it in G and will add it to a little montage of TV themes I do. I am also doing REMs Losing my Religion but am have real trouble with it, should have both boxed off for a try out at this Thursdays gig.

Archived