Unsuitable Valentines Day Songs

steve mac

• Members

I am booked to perform at a local venue for Valentines and as I have been travelling I hadn't given it much thought until today. First I discovered that it doesn't matter if you have had callouses for over forty years, if you swan off around the east coast of America for 6 weeks, your fingers hurt when you pick up your guitar again.

Second, it's ages since I did a valentine and hurriedly put together a set list. I was running through it in my little music room when my missus walked passed and pointed out that maybe starting with Nowhere Man was not going to set the right mood 😅 I guess I will pull " Take it on the Run" as well.

As an aside I was in Rome Italy once and saw St Valentine's skull being displayed in a church, what was really disturbing is that someone had used an old fashioned "dynotape" marker to stick his name on his forehead.

• Moderators

As an aside I was in Rome Italy once and saw St Valentine's skull being displayed in a church, what was really disturbing is that someone had used an old fashioned "dynotape" marker to stick his name on his forehead.

God himself made that label!!!!

In the Dark Ages!!!

Technically I believe it is called Deitape... ;)

• Members

Well because of the time difference, I am all finished and now with my feet up. Usually I play to an average of about thirty to forty ish at this time of year before the crowds come out and a grand total of ten turned up. I wasn't going to bother unloading and just shaking the owners hand, but well I had packed and gone there and well there is the money side of things.

So I did a couple of hours, tried some new songs out, played with the new Atomic Amplifi Firebox ( still can't get it to sound right) and home in time for a late tea.

• Members

I'm setting up for a nap ahead of playing tonight. Had a choir rehearsal at 11, then grocery shopping. It's Ash Wednesday, so I'll play my 5 to 8 romantic "jazz-age jazz" pub gig from 5 to 6:30, break to play organ and lead the choir from 7 to 8, then back to the pub to play from whenever to whenever.

No songs that would be actually contrary to the valentine's spirit except one of my own, "You Just Don't Want to be Satisfied," that I don't normally play anyhow.

So, I was trying to think of other unsuitable songs. All that came to mind was "I'll be Glad when You're Dead, You Rascal You" but I don't actually know it to play. I could learn it pretty quick, but just to *not* play it seems a poor use of time. Procul Harum did a piece called "A Souvenir of London" that was about picking up a disease -- that would be pretty unsuitable.

Archived