Well, this isn't how i wanted to start the new year....

Pat'sStrat

• Members

Thankfully, I can still play. It sliced right through the knuckle joint so they couldn't reattach. Even if they could, i wouldn't have had feeling or been able to bend it. Funny how I managed to work construction all these years and keep all my limbs and digits, but as soon as I start talking about retirement....But it's all good,. It could have been a whole lot worse.

Oh well, time to start a new band- Stumpy and the Phantom Sensations! (and yes, it is true what they say- you can "feel" the missing digit as if its still there)

• Members

Like I won't do anything at height. One fall and you can lose everything -- happened to a friend decades ago and he's still not right. Oddly, perhaps, the idea of being seriously crippled is scarier to me now than it was when I was in my thirties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yikes! I just noticed this post today. That is really too bad, but as you say, it could have been worse.

I had a friend that lost two fingers on his picking hand. Well that is to say, he had to switch from fingers to a pick after his accident. However, after the initial shock and adjustment, he's still playing - and probably better than ever.

I'm literally sorry for your loss, but I reckon you'll soldier on.

Archived