A funny thing happened in the toilet last night

steve mac

• Members

Last night I was doing a gig in a small cafe (it was full and only held about 30 or so), but it was going well and as I finished the last song coming up to my break I told the crowd I would be back in 15, placed my guitar on its stand and went for a quick pit stop in the loo.

Now the staff didn't bother putting any music on and nor did I as it was only a short break. So there I am doing what comes naturally when I hear music coming from the bar, more to the point, I hear me singing in the bar. Being as quick as I could I walk back to my gear with people looking at me like I have performed some wizardry.

Turns out on the last song I had meant to step on my harmony button and accidentally hit my looper ( they are next to each other ) and unbeknown to me recorded the last minute or so of my performance. Then when the loop recording time of about a couple of mins ran out, and I was pointing Percy at the Porcelain, it auto switched to play, I didn't know it did that.

Anyway made me and everyone else laugh.

218dfbb58e3cc5475e30d2334b77441d.thumb.jpg.93a7816cac5e481a7718512620eaeadf.jpg

• Members

That's pretty wild. I am paranoid about my tracks starting up without me. If I'm leaving the premises I mute my mixer and sometimes mute the speakers. There's also nothing like coming back from a break and hearing someone screaming/singing into your mic. The stuff of nightmares.

• Members

I used to play a venue where I had a woman of a certain age who was a regular and a really good audience ie laughing listening joining in etc. but she was obsessed at getting on the mike. For example at the end of the night she would run up and shout out to the crowd how they should give me another hand or come up and lean over my shoulder shouting out birthday messages. It was like an illness wth her.

So as I use a voice live play device and every time I left the mike, I turned on the octave down and sure enough up she comes and sounds like Barry White. Eventually cured her.

Archived