Who else likes to keep their HC forum posts quarantined from Facebook?

pinkfloydcramer61

• Members

I do, because the main advantage (to me) of HC is to be able to vent or even rant about things that aren't perfect in your musical world, without causing butthurt. I am sure there are other perks that I am overlooking, if anyone would care to add.

I have rarely posted her the last few years, although lurking occasionally. Just noticed the FB "share" button to the left.

I have rarely posted her the last few years, although lurking occasionally. Just noticed the FB "share" button to the left.

That's a new feature that was just added with the most recent software update. You certainly don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it's there if anyone wants to do so. It's not mandatory or automatically tied in to Facebook or anything like that. :)

• Members

It's on a lot of sites and I never-ever click.

I also clear my cache and cookies before opening FB and do the same thing after (Actually I close and re-open the browser because it is set to clear everything on exit).

FB is voluntary spyware. I don't play the games that want to draw out more personal information about me, I know they know a lot about me, and I have nothing to hide, but if they are going to sell my info, I want a commission. A piece of the action. And if not, I'm going to limit what they know about me.

ODE TO FACEBOOK

Oh Facebook how are you today?

I visit you most every day

And everything I do or say

you put into my dossier

Where was I born? what was my school?

Enter your job, be very cool

You even know my family

and everything that's dear to me

My information's gold to you

it sells to stores and spammers too

If I click "like" or I repost

your clients will dig me the most

I click an ad merely to look?

the ad man pulls to set the hook

It'll be in my e-mail today

and web page ads, day after day

And It'll waste, my precious time

and you'll receive another dime

I wouldn't mind the money you make

if a commission I could take

I'd like to get twenty percent

but you don't offer one red cent

So Facebook please let's make a deal

just cut me in, no need to steal

I'll finish my profile if you do

and we will profit, both me and you

© Bob Norton (as if anyone would

want to steal this )

• Moderators

clever prose, Norton...got music? ;)

I think most here know that I avoided MicePace like the plague that it was, and have treated FessBuck the same. I don't twitter [is the past tense of to twit to twat? Regardless, Twitter is for the birds, and, of course twits, like our POTUS], I occasionally chat, and sometimes snap, but I don't SnapChat, I've no interest in Pinterest...this is about as medially social as I am willing to get, and I value my anonymity here...as I do in my private life.

is there a little cartouche next to my moniker? WTF is that thing?

Archived