With great Power comes great ....

steve mac

• Members

I have reduced my pedals down to just two and at the moment use a standard power strip under my board with the "wall warts" that came with the pedals, zip tied in. Works ok but one of the pedals does have a slight hum, although this is unnoticeable when playing live. However it's a bit heavy and not exactly an elegant solution, but it does work.

I came across this https://www.thomann.de/gb/truetone_1_spot_pro_cs7.htm and was wondering as it's not a lot of money if it's worth changing, are there other advantages to using a bespoke power block?

• Members

I currently use a wall wart for my pedals. I think I've got seven or eight in one board and three sometimes four in the other. I've thought about going to something like the unit you've posted, but I've got so many things on my wish list, I haven't got there yet.

I've also been looking at a rechargeable unit about the size of a cell phone. There would just be one wire, audio cable, and no AC runs. Not sure if that would cause more problems than it solved. Charging the unit ahead of time would be crucial...

• Members

SteveMac, the weird thing is sometimes hum happens just because of WHERE the transformers are located, relative to audio circuits. I would take an hour and move things around and see if that provides any relief. If not there are numerous power supllies out there now, some falsely claim low noise,isolated power supllies. Do a google search. Alot of internal pics showing companies that lie, last I looked. Reputable companies cost a little more, but get the job done, in my experience. Hey..ever get that Hercules stand??

• Members
I currently use a wall wart for my pedals. I think I've got seven or eight in one board and three sometimes four in the other. I've thought about going to something like the unit you've posted, but I've got so many things on my wish list, I haven't got there yet.

I've also been looking at a rechargeable unit about the size of a cell phone. There would just be one wire, audio cable, and no AC runs. Not sure if that would cause more problems than it solved. Charging the unit ahead of time would be crucial...

I definitely hear what you are saying re a wish list, I just think I am on top of things and some bugger goes and invents something bright and shiny and I am like a magpie 🙂

Re a rechargeable unit, I just wouldn't trust it, so unless I go back to busking, and the last time I did that was 40 years ago, it's not for me.

• Members

Hi George, long time no speak, yes I did get the Hurc stand and couldn't be happier, I use it everyday and it goes with me to every live show. I even bought a Hercules boom stand as well.

I am popping over to America for a month or so this Christmas and will be looking at the Holeyboard you recommended as well.

All the best Steve

Archived