No announcement yet.

Taking a Stand (bags for stands)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a Stand (bags for stands)

Anyone using golf travel bags as a mike/speaker stand carrier? I have a cheap purpose built bag that I got mail order a couple of years ago an it's awkward to use and carry so am looking or an alternative.
    Cheers Steve

Nope, I use a stand bag, it works; mine is about 9" [which is what, a quartermeter? ] too long, but it works...
    What do you find awkward? The handles? Tie a knot in them...
    I kind of would like a shoulder strap for the rare times, like last month, where I had to set up on the beach in Malibu...no way to roll the cart across 75 feet [23m] of sand.
    Last edited by daddymack; 10-28-2017, 09:30 AM.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I use an onstage bag for speaker stands. I also have a gator bag which isn't padded and it's longer.
      BD

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
        which is what, a quartermeter?
        It's fine, I use feet and inches too 😎

The main problem is that it's the end that opens and it's a bit awkward sliding the stands in, especially my guitar stand which I put in as well.
        Cheers Steve

Comment

• daddymack
          daddymack commented
          Editing a comment
          ah, one of those..is it a drawstring top?
          Mine has a zipper that opens the side, but the ends are closed. They run about $25 US, but I have seen similar ones for around $15 on Amazon.

Not a drawstring, it's a zip but it's awkward finagling a boom mike stand, guitar stand and a single speaker stand through the opening. I will keep looking.
        Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steve mac View Post
          Not a drawstring, it's a zip but it's awkward finagling a boom mike stand, guitar stand and a single speaker stand through the opening. I will keep looking.
          yes, you need one with a side opening if you are putting all that in there. Our band rig's Ultimate stands came in an open end/drawstring bag, and although easy to do, it only fits the two stands; I like having the extra entry space and ability to put other stuff into the bag.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_6ez65jdeis_b
          Last edited by daddymack; 10-29-2017, 10:18 AM.
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I use Onstage bags for my stuff. They work great and look professional. Golf bags? Not so much. JMHO

Comment

Coming from the world of video production, I was fortunate enough to find a tripod bag along the way. They are prefect for a couple of mic stands and a guitar stand. For speaker stands, I just bungee them together and throw them on a costco folding cart with the PA speakers. Picked up a Husky modular wheeled tool box and between that and the cart, I can move everything easily in a single trip. Dang handy for those long ingress/egress gigs. Thank heavens for disabled entrances....

Comment

Working...
              X