Vocal Harmonisers

steve mac

• Moderators

it depends on the songs...in my Everley medley...one above [obviously]...Eagles stuff...2 above [3+5]...I had been experimenting with a few ideas using the Boss looper, like having some 'oohs' or 'ahhs' pre-looped in 3 or 4 part harmony...it all got too insane, though.

• Moderators
My looper isn't capable to f storing preloops' date=' to be honest I am kinda glad, I know I would get lost and it sort of feels like backing tracks.[/quote']

it was exactly like backing tracks...and the lack of spontaneity is why I began dialing all that stuff back. I will admit, I could make it sound huge...but it was just a wow factor thing, and didn't really fit my show....and the tap dancing was too distracting. When you were here, I think I had already decided to strip down the rig...

• Members

I don't disagree Mr Harry, however I have started having "Nowhere Man" by The Beatles as my opener and it amuses me that the opening line "He's a real nowhere man" with a heavy high and low harmony certainly makes people aware that the show has started. It's the child in me.

• Members

With a Harmonizer less is definitely more. First don't use it every song! Use it where it might benefit a couple of songs. Use the minimum amount of voices one up is good. I consider a harmonizer like any spice, a little bit adds to the flavor too much and the dish is ruined.

Archived