No announcement yet.

Vocal Harmonisers

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vocal Harmonisers

For those using them, what's your preference i.e. One High, one Above and Below etc. Subtle i.e. Just a hint or in your face Beachboy style. I fear I overdo a lot of my effects.
    Cheers Steve

it depends on the songs...in my Everley medley...one above [obviously]...Eagles stuff...2 above [3+5]...I had been experimenting with a few ideas using the Boss looper, like having some 'oohs' or 'ahhs' pre-looped in 3 or 4 part harmony...it all got too insane, though.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

My looper isn't capable of storing preloops, to be honest I am kinda glad, I know I would get lost and it sort of feels like backing tracks.
      Last edited by steve mac; 10-07-2017, 01:15 PM.
      Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steve mac View Post
        My looper isn't capable to f storing preloops, to be honest I am kinda glad, I know I would get lost and it sort of feels like backing tracks.
        it was exactly like backing tracks...and the lack of spontaneity is why I began dialing all that stuff back. I will admit, I could make it sound huge...but it was just a wow factor thing, and didn't really fit my show....and the tap dancing was too distracting. When you were here, I think I had already decided to strip down the rig...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
        "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I find that I've been dialing the harmonies back quite a bit. I pretty much just use a light high harmony these days. Too much and it sounds a too artificial.
          http://thekiltlifters.com

Comment

I don't disagree Mr Harry, however I have started having "Nowhere Man" by The Beatles as my opener and it amuses me that the opening line "He's a real nowhere man" with a heavy high and low harmony certainly makes people aware that the show has started. It's the child in me.
            Cheers Steve

Comment

I wish I had money for a harmonizer. A really good one. Then I'd put that money toward the best vocal mic I could afford.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

Comment

With a Harmonizer less is definitely more. First don't use it every song! Use it where it might benefit a couple of songs. Use the minimum amount of voices one up is good. I consider a harmonizer like any spice, a little bit adds to the flavor too much and the dish is ruined.

Comment

Working...
                X