Battery amps for busking

Telecruiser

• Members

I believe the less expensive has two channels and less power whilst the other has four channels with one channel for electric guitar tones.

Haven't tried either but have just spent a week in a "busking" town and it seems everyone was using a Roland cube and they sounded great.

I have a Roland Ac 60 and it has served me well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

the Roland Street Cube is awesome !! )

I already had a micro cube and thought about getting the Street when it first came out

then I heard one live on Broadway by an excellent busker and I pulled the trigger !! )

I almost bought the higher powered one also but have not heard it yet !! )

I wish they had a rechargeable battery !! ) :idk:

• Members
I'm looking for a small amp with guitar and mic inputs for doing some busking. What's out there?

Thanks

I have and have used the Roland AC33. It's ok for what it it is. loaded with batteries it's about 10 watts per speaker. The hotter the mic the better. So a Shure beta 58 is better than a Standard 58. I use an old Beyer on mine. I hate the chorusing effect, but a lil reverb s good.

I saw a girl in town using the Roland Street Cube EX, which you can plug and electric guitar too. It sit on a stand if you want to get it off the ground. Sounded ok. I like the AC 33 better for acoustics.

Roland also make the BA 330 which is a 4 channel PA. I was think about that while I ordered the Roland AC33. I'm not sure actually how much better it would be than the AC33, but it's bigger and costs more. They take 8 AA batteries. I played a local park, not really busking.

I have my AC33 in a softside drink cooler. The kind of thing you can find a Walmart or Target. It hold extra batteries, string capo, mic and so on.

Now if you want the best of the best and money is not option. AER Compact Mobile is the king of street busking amps. They have a lead gel battery and will get you about 3-4 hours of time. Maybe. 60 watts.

Places like San Francisco will limit the number of watts you can busk with.

Michael David Rosenberg aka Passenger has a ton of really nice vids out there with him playing out of the AER Compact Mobile.

There's also the option of a DC to AC converter. They ain't light.

93881abe-45e0-41ff-9bb9-109bfb944dca_1.996fd01b00ee3752720b4840578180e8.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I had a buddy that went to Norway and hit the streets with his banjo. He told me that after the snow melts people are itching o get outside. He was making some serious money busking. Over the month or so he was there he made like 7 grand.

He came back home to the state and spent it all like a drunkin sailor.

Remember busking is about drawing folks in for a song or two, getting them to reach in there pockets and then letting them move on.

I have seen street performers in Boston use some big systems. Loud. How they power them up I have no idea.

There's a lot of decisions in picking the right system that will be best for you. I hope this helps.

• Members

Now if you want the best of the best and money is not option. AER Compact Mobile is the king of street busking amps. They have a lead gel battery and will get you about 3-4 hours of time. Maybe. 60 watts.

A little too rich for my blood at this time. I'd like to try one out and see how it sounds. It would have to be pretty damned good for $1800.

• Members

A little too rich for my blood at this time. I'd like to try one out and see how it sounds. It would have to be pretty damned good for $1800.

I hear ya.

That's why I choose the AC 33.

I think the Street Cube EX, Street Cube or AC 33 would be fine, depending on

if you're playing an electric or an acoustic.

Archived