Footpedal scroll ipad

fishin_musician

• Moderators

sadly, Fishin, there is no good, cheap, or easy way around what you are trying to do.

I know because I looked at this a couple years ago, and gave up.

The AirTurn is probably the industry standard. it will work with most apps.

The Donner pedal that you have is, well, as you have found, not adequate and is a low end knockoff of a knockoff of the AirTurn.

OnSong is what, $25? Of course, it was developed for Apple, and no Droid capability, and none planned. But since you already have the iPad, OnSong makes sense.

The AirTurn PED is $69...[the Duo is $99 and the Quad is $129 if you need to go that far]

'Crazy expensive?' Not in the great scheme of things...

So you can solve your issues for under $100 and some file conversion time....or spend a little more...for more flexibility.

• Members

Hey thanks for the response.. I guess I should've bought the I turn I suppose. I was shocked at the price of the onsong app I because I've only seen apps that are a couple bucks.. this one was 38$ Canadian I might add which is like 100$ us lol so if I get the onsong app then I have to convert my music to another format? Or can I cut and paste it on to onsong?

• Members

There are lots of ways of getting your tunes onto Onsong including a straight download from websites to cut and paste.

It's true it is pricey but there are regular free updates but blimey what a fantastic bit of kit it is. I was dubious at first especially as it's a "religious" company and has links to worship type sites but it's easy to ignore that.

As DasdyMac says in the whole scheme of things it's a drop in your equipments ocean and it will be the only set list app you will ever need, I even use it to play my break music.

My only slight regret is that I didn't get the quad airturn and got the duo.

• Members

Note.. Airturn pedal is seen as an external bluetooth keyboard. If you are using one and wish to use an iOS screen keyboard on your device (For example, google lyrics), you have to bend down and press a button on the Airturn to bypass it so your keyboard will come up on your device. Others might be different. Irig Blueboard is also bluetooth, but is not seen as an external keyboard, and does not disable your device onscreen keyboard when using it. May make a difference if you need page turning and the ability to use your idevice keyboard at the same time.

• 6 months later...

Archived