Anybody using the RCF EVOX 8 sound system.

Telecruiser

• Members
At that price they better be really great.

Well, I guess it depends on what you can afford. I was quoted a much better price than the $1799 from Proaudio. I'm also getting tired of lugging the 612's and the stands etc. around for gigs that don't need that much gear. I need to consolidate more. I will keep the 612's for larger jobs (I also have a pair of 635's) but then I'll get some help. :)

• Members

I agree with the reasoning. I'm using two Turbosound iP1000's great speaker for $799. Two piece and don't require stands, very easy to setup and transport plus bluetooth. They are an array type like the EVOX and sound much better than any 2-way point source PA speaker I have ever heard. A single one will easily work for up to about 100 people audiences and using two twice that even out doors. I have no doubt those are very good speakers but it would take a years worth of your average weekend gigs to pay for one. I haven't heard them but I have read several of the reviews when I was researching speakers.

• Members
I have no doubt those are very good speakers but it would take a years worth of your average weekend gigs to pay for one.

I do this for a hobby that pays. I treat this like people who own a ski or fishing boat, travel trailer etc.. It's the fun factor. I have gobs of equipment and guitars and they are all just toys to me. If I get a job that requires more coverage then out come the 612's, even more coverage then the 635's. Any more than that and they can rent sound. :) Hasn't happened yet but you never can tell. My new toy is a Voicelive 3, before it comes out I'll have to get over the learning curve first. :lol:

Archived