my luthier called me up today...

Voltan

• Members

gary and i played as an acoustic duo for a couple of years before he started his luthier business. he was " all done playing music" and i did end up with some very lovingly massaged stringed instruments... all of mine and several of his hand picked harem beauties. last week, i picked up my taylor and knocked the rust out of the gears a bit... now, after some serious saddle time, the callouses are back... a bit... yes, still a tingle but im good with it... first time in a long time i actually ripped through several hours of tunes and it felt good.

gary calls me up today and says hes been playing a couple hours a day for the past two weeks... would i care to come to tallahasse for a vegan feast, some stout ale and we might as well put the duo back together...

• Members

it was pretty cool. i played a 1954 strat,,all original... i believe he youtubed it and put it on his guitar truth channel? we threw some tunes back and forth and its funny, he was the straight laced, same key as the original, by the numbers guy and i was the complete opposite. we did an impromptu roxy music version of eight miles high? he didnt care what key i played in, and even tuned down,to D... which is my preference especially with the taylor and martin...

when we stopped playing, before... it was on wonderful terms, but i remember thinking about all the little idiosyncracies that make the dynamics of any relationship challenging and how much i looked forward to performing solo again.

for what its worth, i told him to book some gigs, if we both like it, we'll book some more...

another iron in the fire

• Members

dmack, pfill... there is only teh now... mine is not necessarily so much a negative/positive issue... any opportunity to create art that is acted upon is a positive addition to our worlds... rather simply the matter of time and allowing myself the required amount for that which i am already committed. the sanctuary has grown to almost 50 acres now, we just signed papers on the second brick and mortar clinic while still maintaining the mobile practice... two children still at home, 13 & 4 yrs old... mom has parkinsons and dad isnt staying in the present so well... if i could get them to stay in the guest cottage year round it would help, but... my primary music gig has been gongs and bowls and its a facet thats new, and perhaps that novelty will fade? but until it does, im enjoying the direction and the ride itself.

• Members

im a glutton for punishment? its looking like we need to bring on two more doctors full time and really it would hopefully give us a bit more freedom. ( i think we are actually coming to the realization that its ok if we cant do it all ourselves). the difficulty comes in finding the right fit...compatible skill set, similar work ethics coupled with excellent personal interaction skills... read treat people and animals with compassion and have the ability to use some common sense. know any young vets hungry to make a difference in the world?

brother, ive wanted to learn to sail since childhood... ive got a 30 foot colombia, blue water boat... i havent set foot on her in two years, next month... if i dont get her out in the gulf this year, im turning her into a 52" gong and a couple roadies...

Archived