StompLight KickStarter

RoadRanger

• Moderators

Neat idea! After looking at the videos there, though, it is obvious that a single unit is not adequate [every vid I saw was running a unit as a wash, and a unit 'blinking'], and the bad part is it is on the floor, which typically throws shadows across the performers face. So, you really need to have two...so now you are into, what, about $600 up front investment?

Yet already on the market are units with more 'throw', albeit they're bigger and not 'stomp' controlled, but still...they run ~$125...I think this guy will have to go to off-shore manufacturing...and he needs to be bit more up front about how well a single unit will work.

• Members

^ All good points. The only thing the StompLight has going for it is its micro size.

These days I usually just screw a couple $12 LED floodlights to the hang points on top of my mains. I like red and blue paired but for a bit of motion either two RBG ones that cycle through colors or one RGB and a yellow/amber, red, or blue on the other side. If you go to the lighting forum here you can read about all my recent experiments in lighting on the cheap, including my $25 lightshow (red, blue, and two RGB spinners in clamplights)..

• Members

Hi guys, Thank you for taking the time to check out our StompLight video. StompLight is a very unique effect pedal, fully integrated with a foot activated controller, powerful Cree lighting array, built in microphone, spectrum analyzer and a microprocessor that allows for user programming. I created StompLight to be a stand alone effect or to be grouped together. I play solo acoustic in bars and private parties. I continued to find myself performing in dimly lit spaces (especially outside at night). I wanted something super easy that could be battery powered for beach party gigs. I also have spent the last 30 years playing in bar bands. With rare exception always crappy overhead lighting. I got tired of loading in, setting up and breaking down Chauvet lighting trees and arguing with band mates over lost footprint. StompLight is SO EASY and when you see photos and video taken of you you'll appreciate what it adds. Yes, it comes with a price. 168 parts total, 2 PCB, Alpha and Carling pots, rolled steel chassis with aluminum control surface, Cree LEDs. Built in the USA to last. little plastic, no cheap Chinese LEDs or switches. Exception on plastic really cool retro Daier Moog Synth Knobs over the pots and custom diffuser lens You show up, set Stompy on the floor and plug it in. I also keep one on my pedal board in my rock band.http://www.winterlandrocks.com . I run parallel into it out of my volume pedal and use the Instrument Mode and Color Wheel. Really fun. We will be at NAMM in Hall E. Come by and check one out. And HAPPY NEW YEAR - Michael

Archived