exploring venues

Voltan

• Members

ok, so the cymbal soloist thing ( far side type joke about the adventures of the traveling gong, gig), had a funny ripple... a couple of nights ago i was asked to provide sonic wallpaper for an art gallery having a black light enhanced showing. i ended up employing just two cymbals and a contrabass bow for the entire gig. i tried being very quiet and subtle... and drew a crowd. i took a quick break and the owners asked if i would care to "open it up" ? i did, and it got very magical! last night, one of them showed up at my sunday gong meditation gig and from all indications was experiencing theta brain wave states complete with dmt releases... talk about your good vibrations!

• Members

yeah, twas pretty cool... blacklight art has come a long way since we were kids... ok, since we were younger kids... this guy had layers of three dimensional illusion, floating, moving objects...or the appearance of such. its way different than what ive been used to, but i could get used to this.

• Moderators

just keep in mind that exposure to ultraviolet radiation is bad, m'kay? I actually got 'sunburn' on my cornea from having one on in my room all the time, plus using them in the light shows I helped run. It goes away eventually...but one opthomologist I saw said it was likely a main contributing factor or my having 'floaters' ever since.

Archived