Looking for Bertie Higgins "Just Another Day In Paradise" music

Notes_Norton

• Members

Looking for Bertie Higgins "Just Another Day In Paradise" music (not the Phil Collins or Phil Vassar songs) - I'd prefer to purchase legal sheet music, but I can't find any.

It's for a one-time request. Just the chords would be fine.

I could learn it by ear, but from a YouTube video, that would take a lot of time. I'll probably only play the song once, for the party that we're booked for, so if I can help it, I don't want to spend the time figuring it out.

If you know where I can find this, or if you know the chords, please help.

Thanks,

Bob

• Members

This is what I got from a quick listen on YouTube so I probably missed something here or there. I didn't hear a bridge, but I didn't play the song all the way through.

The first Dmaj7 in the verse might just be a straight D. Doesn't change it much either way. Add 7ths and 9ths to taste.

Intro:

G - A

D - A/C# - Bm

Em - A - D

Verse:

Dmaj7 - Em

A - D

Dmaj7 - G - D/F# - Em

A - D

Chorus:

G - A

D - A/C# - Bm

Em - A

Em - A - D

• Members

:lol:

Yeah, well all you have to do is read along and hear the changes where it shows none exist and see how that wrong is. Even if you ignore the passing chords, the Bm in the intro and chorus is pretty obvious.

I never (well, 'rarely' is more accurate) rely on internet chord charts. I do use them sometimes when I've really stuck to hear a particular chord. Amazing how wrong most of them are. I trust my own ears much more.​​

• Members

Okay, I only spent five minutes myself but pretty sure these are the chords. Note that the song basically starts on the chorus but instead of G it's Em. Also note the descending line in bar three and four, where each chord gets two beats. Every once in a while they do that old sventies thing of going from a Dmaj7 to D... in the Hill Street Blues tradition. Catchy song, never heard it before.

Intro // Em / A / D A/C# / Bm7 Bm/A / Em / A / D / D /

VS // D / D / Em / Em /A / A / D / D /

/ D / D / G D/f# / Em / A / A / D / D //

CH // G / A / D A/C# / Bm7 Bm7/A / Em / A / Em A / D / D /

Repeat and fade out on the chorus

• Moderators

My bad, didn't listen to it, just found it, saw the reference to 4 chords and popped it up...you would think if it a play along it would be obvious the chords were wrong. :facepalm:

I do submit corrections frequently to a number of sites when I find their chords and/or tabs to be incorrect.

• Members

Glad you do. Problem is it seems like that bad stuff stays out there FOREVER. It's bad enough that legit sheet music often gets some chords wrong (or at least differs from what the artist decided to play on the recording). But so much of what's on the 'tab' sites? I figure the only ones with enough time to try and chart stuff out and post it online must be 12 year olds just learning to play guitar.

I've looked at sites that have 10 different versions of a song and NONE of them be correct. Glad I came up in the old days of HAVING to learn songs by ear off the record and have since developed that skill pretty well. Aren't too many songs these days that I can't get the basics 95% correct in one or two passes. Especially songs like this that have been 'written' dozens of times and you can hear the next chord before it even gets there.

• Members
Okay, I only spent five minutes myself but pretty sure these are the chords. Note that the song basically starts on the chorus but instead of G it's Em. Also note the descending line in bar three and four, where each chord gets two beats. Every once in a while they do that old sventies thing of going from a Dmaj7 to D... in the Hill Street Blues tradition. Catchy song, never heard it before.

Intro // Em / A / D A/C# / Bm7 Bm/A / Em / A / D / D /

VS // D / D / Em / Em /A / A / D / D /

/ D / D / G D/f# / Em / A / A / D / D //

CH // G / A / D A/C# / Bm7 Bm7/A / Em / A / Em A / D / D /

Repeat and fade out on the chorus

Nice! This looks to be more correct than mine. Looks like you caught a couple of passing bass-note changes I missed. (Maybe not listening to it only my little computer speakers would have helped! )

Also thought that the A/C# chords might have been a F#m7/C#. ​

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Official sheet music.

Intro:

| Em | A | D - F#/C# | Bm - Bm/A | E | A | D | % |

A:

| D | % | Em | % | A | % | D | % |

| % | % | G - F#m | Em - Bm/D | A | % | D | % | <-(D7 before B section)

B:

| G | A | D - F#m/C# | Bm - Bm/A | Em | A | Em - A | D | % |

That is if there are no typos.

Notes

Archived