"Untidy" Cable Guy

steve mac

• Members

any hints or better still photos of setting up neatly. I have neither the dosh nor the inclination to go wireless (just more stuff to carry and go wrong and buy batteries for). I have learned the "roadie wrap" I use Velcro and have cables as near to the right length as I estImate I need, but still it all looks a mess.

A particular problem comes from having two cables coming from my guitar, I have tried duct taping them together but in the end I had to seporate them and use WD 40 to clean off the gunk.

So the question is do you have a neat setup and can I see it and learn?

• Members

Not quite sure exactly what issues you're having, but I can say something about wireless. A little while back I bought the Shure GLX-D wireless system. For years I had tried and then returned guitar wireless systems because of issues with latency, build quality, poor battery life, sound degradation, and lack of functionality. The current crop of Shure digital systems works very well for my needs. The GLX has a rechargeable battery pack (through USB) and a solid metal floor pedal receiver. I've got the receiver pedal mounted on my pedal board, and because it's also a tuner, I've been able to dump my tuner.

So, just thought I'd mention that wireless has come a long way.

Archived