All the Worlds a .....

steve mac

• Members

I wrote last year asking for advice on a design for an outdoor stage to be built in the corner of a patio at a restaurant bar I played regularly at. Subsequently it was built and I played every week there last summer, however due to a house move and a dispute with management, I no longer play there and am back to simply standing in the corner of a bar etc. Which got me thinking, a dangerous activity at the best of times....

what if I purchased a trolley similar to the one in the picture and customised it by; adding wheel locks, hinged sides that hold equipment when up but fold down covering the wheels, have the handle detachable, rig a retractable back cloth, add two front corner poles that lift up with lights on them, drill a hole in the base for wiring of mixer and pedals which have a specific area of the flat bed. Then I could roll up at anywhere, wheel it in, plug it into the mains and within moments have a one man stage. Perhaps add some advertising to the back cloth and the front boards. Just have to remember not to jig about to much, but a lot of places I play are tiny anyway, with this and a long extension lead, means I could set up indoors or out.

Thoughts or any other mad buggers out there with anything similar.

e0f16ffd92622a3495f6c38472726f62.jpg.9dd0fc82f07f7fa72b8d04758c53df81.jpg

• Moderators

Optimus Prime!!!rotfl.gif

A transformers concept...

and all this must fit into a Prius...?

"we're gonna need a bigger cart!'...smiley-music039.gif

Okay, mate, all kidding aside, even with all 4 casters locked, I'm not certain that it would be safe on the cart without some kind of flying buttresses/legs/outriggers to stabilize it, but you may be onto something!

I designed a touring stage twenty years ago for this puppet show [it all packed into a rolling road case visible in the video]......Lee is a very nice guy, with a remarkable talent. Apparently he no longer uses the touring stage...but he is getting more ambitious.

1010109_641959082518708_958936261_n.jpg?oh=038c2b425dd674a72444d3299c944508&oe=567E1D39

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-puppet-show

Anyway, my point is...you can build anything if you have a mind to...thu.gif

Archived