Best program for set list amd words for PC Surface

ozstar

• Members

Hi,

I have an iPad and have been uisng a great app called NextPage for lyrics and sets. Unfortunately it is not PC.

I now also have a PC (Surface 3) with Win 8.1 and want a program for set list and words I can use with my Air Turner.

I have them all on PDF which is what NextPage uses.

I have searched all over and see many for ipads Androids but not for Windows.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

oz

• Members

Sorry can't help with the windows side of things, but would it not be possible just to keep your old iPad exclusively for gigging. Mine is an old thing and I use it for everything, but when I replace it as my day to day communications device, my old iPad will then be cleared of every app except my lyric set list app and will just carry on in that role,

i have researched a lot of alternatives and for me in respect of a gigging musician the iPad just can't be beat,

• Members

Thanks..

Yes I plan on that, however I was hoping I could use the Surface as a back up in case the iPad fell down for any reason on the night.

There is one called Music Reader but I find it quite confusing after using NextPage.

I will persevere but hoped someone know of a better choice for Win 8.1

oz

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes that is a really nice program however I need the text to be bolder.. so use PDF's to import.

I have bought MusicReader 4 but somehow can't get into it for what I want, but then I found Power Music by Cambron.

http://powermusicsoftware.com/

It wasn't cheap but I am at present trying to get the time to load all my songs onto the Surface Pro3 with Win 8.1 and placing them in different playlists.

I use Next Page for my iPad 3 which for me is fab but they don't have a Windows version unfortunately.

http://www.onstagetechnologies.com/products/nextpage/

Good luck everyone.. I guess it's a personal thing of what suits you best..

oz

• Members

Just as a by the by, for iOS you should have a look at UnrealBook - it does everything Nextpage does btu it also enables the sending of MIDI data as a chart is loaded to set up your synth, or at any place in the chart using "hotspots". These can send either/or midi CC or sysex data. Very useful when running live!

Archived