Picked to play our county fair

nousername

• Members

About six weeks ago, a friend who I've played a few gigs with asked if I wanted to reunite with her and another female to submit our trio to play at our county fair. I said sure, thinking there was no way we would be selected based on our horrible videos. Well, we were chosen. Opening day at 5pm. August 25, so the air temp should be about 95°F.

Royals

Shake it Off

Hotel California

FourFiveSeconds

Landslide

Jolene

Leave the Pieces

Two of Us

Bye Bye Love

Tornado

Little Talks

Don't Stop Believing

I don't know a few of those, but there's time. Nervous and excited to play with them.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

We modified the setlist in the last few weeks:

Royals

Bad Romance

Hotel California

Dreams

Landslide

Jolene

Leave the Pieces

Tornado

Little Talks

Bye Bye Love

Don't Stop Believing

This morning, I gathered all of the kit I thought I would need. This included swapping out the battery in my guitar's pickup. Midway through Dreams, I notice the battery light is on and then I hear the volume of my guitar is louder than what's coming out of the monitor. Oh crap. As soon as the song ended, I engaged my PolyTune Mini and disconnected the lead, ran over to my case and changed batteries. Again. And then went right into Landslide. Albeit slightly flustered. I hit a couple wrong notes during that song.

It was hot and I sweated all over my guitar. I tried very hard to not over strum because I know it's pushed my guitar out of tune in the past. Other than Landslide, I only messed up a few things in 45 minutes and I'm proud of that. I doubt very few people noticed. The girls sounded great in my monitor. There is video, but it hasn't been shared with me yet.

We are excited to book some paying gigs.

Archived