Digitech Loop Pedal Problem

• Members

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here's a problem I've been having. Hopefully someone has some advice.

I play acoustic along with a drummer. I've been using a Jamman loop pedal, which works great when I'm playing alone. However, as soon as the drummer starts playing, the loop becomes very out of sync and distorted. I don't just mean the drummer has trouble keeping time with it, I'm talking the loop becomes almost unrecognizable. These loops have already been saved, and again, play flawlessly until the drummer starts playing.

Has anybody ran into this? I'm not sure if this is a problem just because of drums (for some reason), or if it would react the same with other instruments playing too. Obviously this shouldn't happen at all, so I assume it's either broken or I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

• Moderators

is it possible that you have the loop 'open' in playback? Then it might pick up the drums from your acoustic guitar's pickup and overlay it? That seems like it shouldn't happen, but it would fit your description.

Which Jamman is it?

• Moderators

Okay, the 'phrase sampler'...I did some research on that unit a while back...when you hit play on the left pedal, that is also the record actuator, IIRC...but yeah, if you use a loop from the memory, not a live take, there shouldn't be anything overdubbing.

Another possibility is that the end and start are slightly off...a tenth of a second may not be noticeable at first, but after 5 iterations, it is a half second...the quantize feature has some weaknesses...have you updated your firmware?

This is one of the reasons I have gone to a ditto and am planning on selling my RC-30...it is just too complicated; as it turns out, a live loop ultimately served me better 95% of the time

there are user groups who may have a better answer...https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jamman/conversations/messages

Archived