Here's a cool idea: open mic listings

pogo97

• Members

The site could actually be useful to solo or duo acts looking to stir up a little more work. I entered Vancouver into the search engine, and a fairly comprehensive list of venues came up. I play (for pay) a few of them, so it would follow that other "open night" venues might also have paid nights for musicians. I would say I haven't heard of, or at least haven't approached, about a third of the listings, so who knows what might happen if I did.

Thanks for the link pogo97.

• Members

Actually guys a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.... I've noticed that single and divorced older guys generally don't go out anymore, but signle, divorced, widowed "older" woman still do. I'm not talking walkers and wheelchairs, but good looking, active, and fun woman. I've had several close calls and temptations in the last little while )being that I am married and want to keep it that way).

Some singers I work with, have carved out a very nice local career catering to the still, full of life pre and boomer ladies. These guys dress sharp, spend as much time working the room as performing, and basically everybody goes home happy. So daddymack, you aren't too far off!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived