One man band with iPad

MDLMUSIC

• Members

I'd like to start doing a one-man band act this summer. I've rigged up a small bass drum that I can wear on my back and play with my right foot. I wear a tambourine on my left foot. I'm playing banjo and have harmonicas and kazoos on a neck strap. I'd like to figure out a way to attach my iPad to my body or the banjo so I could use the OnSong app to read lyrics and chords while performing. Any suggestions on how I could rig up something like this?

• Members

Thanks, DM. That looks like it would work great but, being the cheapskate that I am, I'll probably rig up something similar using PVC pipes.

Right now it's snowing like crazy and the temp is 10 degrees F. Weatherman is calling for 5+ inches by tonight. Could be worse. I could be living in Boston and/or have to work for a living.

• Moderators
If I saw you attempting that act seriously' date=' Id taze you, bust the bass drum over your head, strip you naked and Gaff tape you to the street...PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS FOR REAL UNLESS IT'S A COMEDY ACT![/quote']

Sven...de-tensify...I know MDL...I've met him, he's been a regular in Cool Jam for years...came out to one of my gigs even! His life is bringing laughter and music to the world......and he was the busiest guitarist/bagpiper/oompah band guy in the Antelope Valley for over a decade!...frankly I don't know if a tazer will stop him...where is that halloween pic....???

• Members

Of course it's a comedy act. Pretty much everything I do is. I'll put together some type of medieval jester outfit to perform in. I'd wear my gorilla suit if I could figure out how to play banjo while wearing those big fur gloves.

DM, thanks for your support. I don't worry about what other people think of my acts. I do what I do and 99% of the people in the audience seem to enjoy it. For the other 1%, too bad for them.

Oh, and don't tase me, bro.

• Members

I've seen a lot of solo performers lately, and although I'm not a big banjo fan, judging from the description, I think I'd rather see MDLMusic's act than most of the guys I've seen.

Sounds like this act will be performed mainly outdoors. I'm wondering if the iPad will be visible in the bright sun.

Anyway, speaking of one man bands and kazoos - time to repost this one. Jesse Fuller

Archived