What do you do?

pogo97

• Members

Playing last night and a bunch of friends came in. Everybody with a glow on and having a good time. After one song, one gal, whose affections I'm aware of, stood up and said "I'm going to kiss you for that." and came up to the stage and kissed me -- for about twenty seconds. Not much I could do but look confused. Her husband, however, was neither confused nor amused and, after cussing her out, left for home.

What's a fella to do?

• Moderators

Enjoy it...you did nothing wrong, as long as you kept your tongue in your own mouth! She got tipsy, you got kissed, he got pissed... there should be a song in there somewhere.

This has happened to me before, while my wife watched...she knew the other woman, knew she was stoned and let it go. Your friend didn't need to make a scene, he should have either politely left, or taken his wife home rather than making a scene. She should apologize to you for creating the situation as well.

• Members

Stuff like this has happened to me as well. It's worse when it's the wife of a band member -

or when it's a band member!

A few years back a female BG singer (who was pretty drunk) got down on her knees during one of my extended guitar solos. I have no idea where she was going with that move, and apparently neither did she, and she wound up biting me on the leg. Nothing sexy about having your leg chomped on. Luckily for her, she was so drunk she really didn't remember, and also luckily, her husband wasn't around.

The hazards of being a Rock & Roll star :)

• Members

Back when still playing drunken bars and such, I'd come home after a gig and my wife would ask "so did any girls flash their boobies at you tonight???"

If I answered "no", her reply would be "well, then what were you guys doing wrong?"

Always good to have an understanding woman in your corner!

• Members

for some odd reason I get flashed often while I'm playing.. im not complaining mind you, but my wife finds it quite amusing... people tend to react with jealousy and anger when they are insecure about themselves or their relationships... personally I think the woman could have been using you to see if her hubby was still interested... bar drama... lol...

• Members

sorry, the question was, what do you do? well... laugh, make a comment about the amazing sights to see here on the beach, sing " bright lights, big city" with minor changes to the lyrics? usually I grin, blush a bit and sing "thanks for the mammaries" and quickly go to the next tune...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived