Mixing it up

steve mac

• Members

So with my pedals all strapped onto my new board it occurred to me that if I bought a mini mixer something like a Behringer with just 4 jacks in (I need 3) fixed that on the board as well and used patch cables to link it all up. Then use that to only set volumes as effects are covered by the pedals themselves. It would mean I could turn up and just literally have one cable to plug into the house PA and I am off and running or if I take my own speaker again be ready to go almost instantly. Or am I dreaming thinking such a cheap bit of kit is up to the job,

• Moderators

perfectly logical...except the Behringer part...low end Behringer gear is not worth the risk [i like their hi end gear, btw, but their introductory level stuff is unreliable]. Spend a bit more...like maybe this, or this, or maybe think less of a traditional mixer board, and more of a simple unit with just volumes, like this for a lot less that the Behringers' sell price!

There are plenty of options other than Behringer...

Along the lines of the Nady, I have an old EH 4 channel Mini Mixer I've owned since around the late 70s. Originally I bought it to feed the signal chain from 3 electric guitars (one tuned to open G) so I could switch instruments without unplugging/plugging, if I broke a string, etc...worked fine, but as time went on, I used it less and less...just one more piece of gear to haul, and two more cables to worry about...

Archived