I've been terribly lazy as of late...

Voltan

• Members

since I stopped playing in our duo, I have done very little in the way of guitar work for the past year... a,couple charity benefits, an occasional open mic with friends and mostly just working with my hand drums and native flutes and really just not feeling like picking up my guitar at all... so I fell in with some younger peeps at an open mic that was more like a mentoring program... constructive criticism and positive, supportive attitudes have led to at least one ( so far) of the tribe being picked up and signed by a touring band out of Atlanta, and things are just getting going.... there is something about the passion of some of these youngsters that is contagious and i found myself once more behind a guitar... on stage... unpracticed... warts and all... and just as the blind hog/acorn proverb, the goddess of sound and silence smiled upon a wayward son and allowed a little of that magic that goes from heart to heart... feeling the glow that only comes from being on stage, I headed to my car and was accosted by the club owner and the manager. they wanted to discuss booking me for a regular Thursday night gig. I suppose I should start practicing again...

• Members

I have often found it helpful when I am in a unmotivated rut to be sure to start my day with some positive thinking. Whether it be a video or a favorite song. Something that helps get me in the right mindset. Then I will try to accomplish small tasks each day and then a week later I am up to full speed.

Archived