I realize this has been done before.... looking for updated info SongBook v. OnSong

msmooth

• Members

I reviewed some older threads about this but was wondering what updated thoughts people may have. My wife has an iPad and thus OnSong would work. However, I may buy an android tablet and would not be able to use OnSong and would get SongBook. (I'm trying to talk her into getting a new iPad and getting hers which would solve my problem). I am looking to use in my acoustic trio for lyrics/chords with scrolling and sets. I will not be using to run any backing tracks.

The two programs seem to have similar features. I would love to hear from those of you who use these two programs about both their strengths and weaknesses. I thank you you for your responses.

• Members

Hi, I have been using OnSong for about two years now and struggle to think of anything bad to say about it maybe that it has a religious bent but to be fair that's easy to ignore and I quite like folk blessing me at the end of an email. The app is superb, with regular free updates, it does far more than I as a solo artist would ever need it for ie sending messages to other members of your band I use an old ipad bought specifically to use this app and it has never crashed on me. The songs are easy to import, need the text bigger, different colour, maybe the chords above the lyrics or maybe in line, need to know the fingering for a complicated chord at the touch of a finger, need to play BTs seamlessly all and much more absolutely no problem. They even have an program to edit via a PC if you want. All in all couldn't be happier, use it everyday for practice and every time I perform.

• Members

elavation this year when I bought the Airturn and would hate to go without. However I bought the duo and wish I had gone for the four pedal option. I currently have one pedal assigned to moving to the next song in the set and the other to start the auto scroll which in turn automatically starts any BT. But I would have liked the additional pedals to increase and decrease the volume but it's far from a show stopper.

• Members

If I can offer one tip, have a good think about the way you are going to use it's storage facilities. ie starring sets topics etc. I wish I had before I imported all my songs to be frank mine are not that organised and I face a big sort out. Also get a naming convention for your sets and stick to it.

Archived